Software & Controls Engineer
Job Title: Software / Controls Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Software
Overall Definition of the Job:
Scarborough based Unison Ltd is a highly successful manufacturer of CNC tube bending machines supplying high end machines to a world market in sectors including Aerospace, Automotive and Marine.
Unison are seeking an engineer to join their software team, performing product development and maintenance on a range of applications and software based control systems relating to their range of all-electric tube bending machines and ancillary equipment.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of producing professional, efficient, stable, and scalable code for use in industrial applications. Experience of Allen Bradley PLC and servo drive products is essential.
The position is primarily based in our Manchester office, with periods of work at our manufacturing facility in Scarborough. Travel throughout the UK and world will be required as necessary. This is a full-time salary based role. Hours of work a 39 hour week 7:45 – 4:45pm Monday to Thursday, with an early finish at 1pm Friday. You may be required to work overtime depending on production demand.
- Developing control systems for bespoke machinery suitable for operation and maintenance by non-technical personnel
- Working within a small highly engaged team assisting with maintenance of existing software, including development of new features when required
- Installing machinery and training operators at customers facilities both in UK and overseas
- Be able to create accurate technical documentation for operators and maintenance personnel
- Liaise with customer support team in order to diagnose and correct problems on machines in the field.
Qualifications / Experience
- A strong academic background including software engineering or similar field
- Experience in software development and machinery control systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio, especially Visual Basic will be an advantage
- An excellent working knowledge of PLCs, servo drives, industrial robots, HMIs, etc
- A strong command of written and spoken English to create documentation and assist on support calls
- A strong awareness of mechanical and electrical systems
- Full UK driving license
Job Type: Full-time
Strictly no agencies.
Send your CV & a covering letter to [email protected]