Field Service Technician
Based at our new facility in Danville, VA, we are seeking an experienced Service Engineer, who is prepared to travel worldwide.
This position assumes a key role in the Service and Support Team by being at the front line assisting our customers at every stage including start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, training customers, diagnosing equipment problems remotely, as well as responding to service break downs. The role will involve working with customers in a variety of industries including Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Automotive to help them get the most from their new and existing bending machines. The desired person must be willing to travel, be able to work under pressure and have a strong work ethic. Due to the nature of the industries we serve, anti- social hours i.e. weekend work and travel will be expected as and when required.
- Key Objectives
- Liaise effectively with the Service & Support Team on all installation, service and training schedules.
- Investigate and recommend ways to improve service levels, reduce costs, and improve quality standards and profitability on individual jobs/projects.
- Support customers remotely via company phone and laptop
- Key Responsibilities
- To Install, commission and service all Unison equipment.
- To implement key customer service contracts, ensuring both scheduled service work, and machine breakdowns are dealt with professionally and that all conditions of Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
- To document and submit all signed installation, service and customer training paperwork in a timely manner.
- To ensure any outstanding issues are followed up and dealt with appropriately.
- To manage personal timesheets ensuring that they are an accurate reflection of the activity codes and time spent for individual clients.
- To gain an understanding of customers’ organisations, looking for further sales opportunities and promoting service contracts.
- To participate in site surveys and site meetings.
- Must have BTEC, NVQ Level 3, Advance GNVQ time served apprenticeship AND/OR proven practical experience in mechanical and electrical engineering in industry.
- Good written and verbal skills and be able to communicate at all levels both with internal staff and with customers.
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise personal workloads in line with business and customer expectations.
- Must have a Customer Service Orientation and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the position involves daily interaction with customers, colleagues and 3rd party suppliers.
- Work Conditions:
- Overtime and/or anti-social working hours will be required to meet project delivery deadlines.
- Overseas travel will be required to meet project installation and service requirements (including but not limited to USA, Norway, Malaysia, Nigeria, Brazil, Angola, Ghana, Singapore, New Zealand)
- Training will be provided
- Competitive salary.
Strictly no agencies
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Top rates for the right candidate.
Email your CV & a covering letter to [email protected]