Machine Shop Administrator
About Yorkshire CNC Limited
Yorkshire CNC Ltd is part of the Unison Ltd Group, based in Scarborough. We boast outstanding facilities and the latest machinery, as well as a wide-ranging expertise within the fields of steel fabrication and CNC machining. With clients across the globe, the range of our work is diverse and interesting.
- Prioritising work.
- Issuing and allocating jobs and job cards to employees.
- Specifying material and procurement.
- Supplier progression. Delivery Notes created, recorded, and filed.
- Ordering of materials and consumables with existing and new suppliers.
- Streamlining processes.
- Assist with the introduction of appropriate inspection processes.
- Drive & assist in the resolution of non-conformances and work with the design team to improve product machinability.
- Production planning and manufacturing-time estimating.
- General administration
- Assisting production manager as required
- Attending design reviews and project meetings.
- Support all departments as required.
- Collating timesheets for pay-roll
- Understanding bills of materials (spreadsheets)
- Arranging maintenance and service visits for in-house machinery.
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to implement own ideas.
- Flexible in your approach and agile in your response.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Personable manner
- Willingness to support others
- Team player, but equally able to work off your own initiative
- Willingness to learn and develop as the job requires.
Experience with engineering drawings and machining processes is preferable, but not essential. Training will be offered if required.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, and be able to work well within a busy manufacturing environment, working to strict, ever changing deadlines.
Email your CV & a covering letter to [email protected]