Apprentice Mechanical Engineer
Company: Unison Ltd
Scarborough based Unison Ltd is a highly successful manufacturer of CNC tube bending machines supplying high end machines to a world market in sectors including Aerospace, Automotive and Marine.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Mechanical Engineer. The position is based at our manufacturing facility in Scarborough, working hours are Mon-Thurs 7.45–16.45 and Fri 7.45-13.00. The successful applicant will be expected to attend Derwent Training in Malton one day a week for their off the job training.
Day to day duties to include:
- Cutting material for machining components.
- Machining of components on manual and CNC machines. (Turning and Milling).
- Learning to interpret technical drawings.
- Working to tight machining tolerances.
- Hand fitting / assembly of components.
Candidates must have achieved a minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) including English and Maths.
- Positive attitude
- Committed to learning
- Must have a keen Interest in engineering
- Enjoys practical tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Good team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be punctual
Email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]