£30,000 - £32,000 per annum, negotiable
Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Unison has been providing tube bending solutions for over 40 years working closely with our customers to design and build some of the most cutting-edge tube bending technology available in the global marketplace today. We operate internationally with offices in Virginia USA, Manchester, Kenilworth and Scarborough with clients on every continent.
We were the first to design and manufacture all-electric tube bending machinery back in 1994. Since then, we have continued to lead the market through product enhancements and by providing innovative solutions to challenging production problems.
Innovation and problem solving is at the heart of what we do and collaborating with our customers has provided the catalyst to innovation. Our Research and Development team relishes the challenge especially when other manufacturers say it can’t be done, and we are extremely proud of this tradition. Our desire to lead, not follow has rewarded us with a global reputation for solving the most challenging customer problems.
Over the last 4 years we have been investing heavily in Research and Development in process automation including robotics, lasers and software to provide robot cells capable of operating and maintaining the tube bending machinery.
What we as a business do to support our people
We have ambitious growth plans and are developing all the time to anticipate and meet our customer’s needs. We embrace people with fresh ideas and a great attitude to come and join us. Our people make us successful and we ensure we look after and nurture them. Working together enables us not to only grow the business but provides opportunities for our staff to grow and develop their career with us. We provide paid training opportunities from basic courses to degrees. A supportive structure and team to work within and most importantly we provide a great place to work with interesting, innovative and world leading projects and products.
Paying a salary of circa £32,000 per annum, dependent upon experience plus additional payments whilst overseas.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Field Service Engineer with proven practical experience in mechanical and/or electrical engineering. Working within a friendly team you will play a key role in the Service and Support team. The role involves daily interaction with customers, colleagues and third-party suppliers to ensure a smooth communication flow. You will be on the front line assisting our customers at every stage. This includes start up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, training customers and diagnosing equipment problems remotely as well as responding to service breakdowns.
This role is predominantly based at our customers sites here in the UK and overseas and based in Scarborough when not needed at our customers sites. It therefore involves worldwide travel and working with a variety of worldwide industry leading clients including in the Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Automotive sector to enable our clients to get the most from their new and existing equipment.
Responsibilities of the role
- To install, commission and service all Unison equipment.
- To implement key customer service contracts, ensuring both scheduled service work, and machine breakdowns are dealt with professionally and that all conditions of Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
- Liaise effectively with the Service & Support Team on all installation, service and training schedules.
- Investigate and recommend ways to improve service levels, reduce costs, and improve quality standards and profitability on individual jobs/projects.
- Support customers remotely via company phone and laptop.
- To document and submit all signed installation, service and customer training paperwork in a timely manner.
- To ensure any outstanding issues are followed up and dealt with appropriately.
- To gain an understanding of the customer’s organisations, looking for further sales opportunities and promoting service contracts.
- To participate in site surveys and site meetings.
You must be customer service orientated with excellent interpersonal skills and be solutions focussed. You must be willing to travel, have good organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise work in line with business and customer expectations. You will have excellent written and verbal skills and be able communicate at all levels with colleagues and with customers alike.Apply now
Get in touch